Fax (518) 296-8309
Fax (purchasing) (518) 296-8541
Kintz Plastics works with a wide range of thermoplastics. The optimal material for a part is based on cost, performance and appearance.
Kintz Plastics keeps current on developments of new materials for thermoforming to insure that our customers get the very latest technology to suit their needs.
Selecting a Material:
There are many factors that go into the selection of the best Material for your application. The Kintz Plastics' design and engineering team can recommend a material based on these factors:
• Rigid or flexible - Does the part need to be stiff and rigid or have some flexibility?
• Appearance - How important is appearance compared to strength, weight, durability and use?
• Cost - Do you need the least expensive part or are other factors important?
• Finish Options - Will the part be painted or can a material be used that has the desired color and surface so no painting is required? Also will text or graphics be printed on the part?
• Conductivity - Should the part be non-conductive, as most materials are, or should a conductive coating be used?
• Compatibility - What other material does the part come in contact?
• Weight - Different Materials have different densities. Is weight a factor over strength or appearance?
Types of Material:
There are many types of plastics that can be thermoformed and we have worked with a large variety over the years. The two most common are ABS and PVC.